Career strategies accompanying the doctorate and application outside academia - Tapping professional pathways – developing a personal approach
Career strategies and application
- Start: Mar 8, 2017 09:00
- End: Mar 10, 2017 16:00
- Speaker: Sanja Stevic, golin wissenschaftsmanagement
- Location: Seewiesen
- Room: Seminar Room House 4
- Host: IMPRS for Organismal Biology
- Contact: email@example.com
On the basis of these questions the current application standards are conveyed and individual application strategies are worked out in this workshop. With the help of selected examples from practice, the participants develop the competencies needed for a successful approach to the application process. The workshop deals in particular with the following topics:
Part 1: “Career strategies accompanying the doctorate: Building potential – tapping professional pathways”
- My qualification profile: How do I show my potential?
- Alma mater forever? Possibilities within and outside academia
- Clarification of my goals: What exactly do I know already, what is unclear?
- The labour market: Desirable and realistic career pathways
- Before the application: Strategies & stumbling blocks
- Networking & self-marketing: Building contacts
- Career strategies: My next steps
Part 2: “Application outside academia: Understanding standards – developing a personal approach”
- Stocktaking of my key skills: Self-assessment and perception by others
- Job search: What exactly does it mean?
- Application dossier: Current standards
- English applications: What is different?
- The interview: From individual interview to assessment centre
- Role-play: Application situations
- Application: My next steps
Sanja Stevic, Heidelberg, comes originally from London, UK, and is a psychologist and certified ICF Coach [International Coaches Federation]. She received a Global MBA at the Henley Management School, UK, and has over 15 years’ international experience in Strategic HR development and Business Management. Among her fields of specialisation are conflict resolution, team building and intercultural management. She is a Board member of the Heidelberg International Professional Women’s Forum. Since 2012 she works as a freelance trainer and career coach in the field of academia.