- Datum: 05.09.2018
- Uhrzeit: 09:00 - 17:00
- Vortragender: Dr. Nora Carlson
- Nora is a Marie Curie Individual Research Fellow in Prof Iain Couzin's Collective Behavior Group at the Max Plank Institute for Ornithology and the University of Konstanz. Her project will investigate how birds use visual and vocal information to coordinate group movement and maintain group cohesion. She will also test how these methods of maintenance and coordination are affected by different visual and acoustic environments, to determine the effects of anthropogenic noise on flocking behaviour in birds.
- Ort: MPIO Möggingen
- Raum: MaxLounge
- Gastgeber: IMPRS for Organismal Biology
- Kontakt: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this workshop we will develop a set of skills / guidelines for making scientific posters. We will focus on both the visual aesthetic and the poster content, as well as some tricks that can help get your science out there.
After a brief introduction and talk about poster design and content, participants will put new skills / guidelines into practice by making their own posters based either on their own research or a paper they find interesting. This will be followed by a discussion and critique (both good and bad) of each poster as a group to better understand the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to poster design and content.
If you decide to attend this workshop you will need to bring the following items:
- A computer capable of using software to make a poster (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.)
- Original research that is complete enough to present, or a paper you want to make a poster about
- Your willingness to participate as this will be an interactive class