Dr. Mäggi Hieber Ruiz
- Since June 2019 Science coordinator at the MPI of Animal Behavior
- Since June 2013 Coordinator of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) of Organismal Biology
- 2011-2013 Research Assistent at the Institute of Environmental Science, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany.
- 2007-2011 Scientific consultant to the Department of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and their respective water analyses laboratories in the Salvadoran NGO “Asociación Salvadoreña de Ayuda Humanitaria PRO-VIDA”, sent by the Swiss organization for exchange of personnel in development cooperation INTERTEAM, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- 2002-2007 Project leader in the
areas of water, wastewater, nature protection and environmental
education, ecovia (formerly Zentrum für angewandte Ökologie Schattweid),
- 2003-2007 Assistant lecturer and head of the natural sciences section at the vocational prep school (Berufsmaturitätsschule) AKAD Profession, Lucerne and Zurich, Switzerland.
- 1998-2002 Dissertation “Alpine Streams: Aspects of Biocomplexity“ in Environmental Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), and Department for Limnology, eawag, Dübendorf, Switzerland.
- 1996-1997 Diploma thesis “Abbau und Besiedlung von Fallaub in einem Mittelgebirgsbach“, at the Research Laboratory for Limnology, eawag, Kastanienbaum, Switzerland.
- 1990-1998 Studies of Biology at the Saarland University, Germany.