Improved Reading - Changing the way you read
IMPRS for Organismal Biology
Reading is the key qualification for academic work and in professional life - we often spend several hours a day. Yet, reading training usually stops at Primary school, and nowadays we are ill equipped for dealing with the mass of information confronting us. Our priority is text comprehension – which is only possible by increasing speed and developing a flexible reading strategy.
- Analysis of existing reading skills, detection of restricting habits
- Exercises for reducing the three main reading faults, partly supported by specially developed technical devices
- Introduction and training of new reading techniques and of a flexible reading strategy
- Demonstration of the relationship between reading technique and concentration/memory retention
- Motivating reading tests, in which participants ascertain their progress in objective figures (among others the Effective Reading Rate) and learn how to implement their new techniques in their everyday work