Seewiesen is located near Starnberg (around 50 km from Munich).
Our GPS coordinates are: 47°58’21.28’’ N, 11°14’07.51’’ E
If you come from Munich Airport (Flughafen München):
- Follow the sign for the S-Bahn (fast Suburban Railway Network)
- Buy a Ticket for "Gesamtzone" at an automatic ticket dispenser and punch your card at a ticket puncher (Ticket Entwerter)
- Take the S-Bahn line S8 to Herrsching am Ammersee (get off at Herrsching) or the S-Bahn S1 to Laim, there change to S-Bahn S6 to Starnberg / Tutzing (get off at Starnberg).
If you come from Munich Railway Station (München Hauptbahnhof):
- Take the S-Bahn S6 to Starnberg / Tutzing (get off at Starnberg) or to S-Bahn S8 to Herrsching am Ammersee (get off at Herrsching)
If you need help to organize your trip: www.bahn.de
- You can use the Bus No. 951 from Starnberg or Andechs. Because the bus times are infrequent, we also recommend either a taxi (from Starnberg/Herrsching to Seewiesen: 20 Euro, as of Dec. 2012) or that you organize to be picked up by someone from the Institute.
If you come by car:
- we recommend www.map24.de for organizing your route.